Membership in the Cervantes Society of America is open both to academics and to the general public. The only requirement is an interest in the life and works of Miguel de Cervantes, and in his place in the early modern world. There are currently more than 300 individual members and over 150 institutional members.
Membership in the CSA provides access to scholarship on Cervantes and to a variety of forums for academic, professional and pedagogical exchange. In particular, the society sponsors panels open only to CSA members at the following meetings:
• The National Cervantes Symposium (held biennially; next meeting in 2018)
• Five Regional Symposia (held annually):
• The Cervantes Symposium of California
• The Cervantes Symposium of Chicago
• The Florida Cervantes Symposium
• The Cervantes Symposium of the Northeast
• The Central Texas Cervantes Symposium
• The Annual Meeting of the Renaissance Society of America (RSA)
• The Annual Meeting of the Modern Language Association of America (MLA).
Members of the CSA also receive the following benefits:
• A subscription to the peer-reviewed journal Cervantes (published twice yearly)
• The right to submit articles and reviews for publication in the journal Cervantes
• A subscription to the CSA Newsletter
• The right to vote in elections of officers of the CSA and of representatives on the CSA executive council, and on other business of the CSA
• The right to participate in the annual business meeting of the CSA (held during the annual meeting of the Renaissance Society of America)
• The right to apply for grants to support presentations at CSA-sponsored meetings and on CSA-sponsored panels (graduate students only)
• Periodic mailings with calls for papers and announcements relating to Cervantes.
Membership in the CSA follows the calendar year (1 January to 31 December). To be a member in good standing and thus receive the benefits and access described above, one must pay dues not only for the current calendar year, but also for all years since dues were last paid. It is common for members to pay several years in advance.
Member dues may be paid via PayPal or by means of a check in U.S. dollars. Please write to the managing director, David A. Boruchoff, at cervantes.society.america[at]gmail.com to obtain the mailing address for checks.
To join the Cervantes Society of America or to renew a membership, please begin by filling out this form and returning it to cervantes.society.america[at]gmail.com.
$30 a year for individuals
|$60 a year for institutions|
|$35 a year for couples|
|$15 a year for students|
|$450 individual lifetime membership|